{me, one month old}
I'm officially in my mid 30's. 35 and surprisingly okay with it. I thought it would be harder. I mean, it seems so old...my mom was 35 once, when I was a teenager. I hope my kids don't see me as a really old person...I'm sure they do though.
When I turned 30 I made a list of 30 things about me (which seriously seems like yesterday) you can read it here. I thought that I would do it again...I'm not going back to see what I wrote then (well, at least before I write this list). I think I've changed a little...hopefully for the better (somethings not so much). Our life is different from when I turned 30, five years can change quite a bit.
So without further ado, 35 things about me...in no particular order...
1. I am a good mother. And I have 5, yes 5 kids (sometimes that just hits me & I think I'm crazy)
2. I'm a pretty good wife, who does things like watch Star Wars (although it's starting to grow on me...sorry Mom it took 30 years)...I have a good husband too, who does things like watch Jane Austen movies with me...I don't think it's growing on him though (although he once admitted he thought Mr. Bennett was funny)
3. I'm a really good cook/baker & I love doing it. Most of my mother's day cards/pictures mentioned something about me cooking this year...
4. "The Aspiring To Be Anna Club" founded by my sisters. Sometimes (almost always) it's really hard to admit that I am good at things...or that I am super awesome. It's a good thing I have good sisters and brothers.
5. I'm creative.
6. I'm not afraid of a project. I'm a big believer in things not always needing to be easy.
7. I have faith, a testimony, and a love for my Savior. I know my Heavenly Father Loves me.
8. I am so very excited that Hailey is starting Young Womens, and so happy that I get to work with all our Young Women--it is so much fun.
9. I am a fast worker.
10. I am a super laundry folder. Seriously. Prettily folded clothes make me happy.
11. I like to organize stuff.
12. Something I never thought I would do, but i eat potatoes sometimes...onions too. (I wouldn't touch either one for years)
13. I make some form of bread weekly...sometimes more.
14. I love, love, love artichoke dip.
15. I wish I practiced the piano more.
16. I love everything Jane Austen...except badly written spin-offs.
17. Carrabba's Chicken Bryan-I could eat it weekly, but I don't.
18. Sometimes I feel like I am a teenager, then I remember I am 35 and have teenagers.
19. I like to sing, but never want anyone to hear me (other than my little kids).
20. I think this list is harder to do than I thought.
21. I like fashion, and I have a style...but feel like I could never pull it off...and I'm cheap.
22. I have a really hard time spending more than $10 on myself, which is completely ridiculous.
23. Material stuff doesn't mater that much to me...sometimes....sometimes I want a really nice house.
24. I want to take up photography, I think I have a really good eye.
25. I use my iPhone for 99% of my photos...anyone want to donate a real camera?
26. There are only a few pictures of myself I like, most I cringe when I see. I'm working on liking what I see in the mirror...I'm working on it.
27. I like to paint...as in walls. And I'm good at it. If you need help, call me.
28. I read books (good books) over and over and over. I wouldn't see a movie once, why would I read a book only once?
29. I am HORRIBLE at math. HORRIBLE. My kids do math faster than I do.
30. Interior decorating is a passion, and sometimes I think of pursuing it (aka going back to school) once the kids are all in school.
31. Having a house that looks good makes me happy....because I like pretty things. It's like a form of art to me.
32. Having a dirty house (specifically my house) makes me anxious. That doesn't mean that I always have a clean house, it means I am often anxious. (You can ask Elias)
33. I usually have a million ideas...party ideas, craft ideas, food ideas, things I want to make, or create or do..going through my head. I need to write them down.
34. I like being in control, but I'm quiet & don't like stepping on toes...it's not a good combo.
35. I am my mom's favorite ;) (a family joke...I live the farthest away) & I have the best mom, dad, brothers and sisters around.
Well, there it is. We'll see what I am like when I'm 40...

2 comments:
That was wonderful,now if I can get you to watch football ;-)
That's a really cool idea to write about yourself as the years go by. I do a similar entry post for my kids on their birthdays, but never thought to do it for my own. I think it would be tough, but worth having it written down for the kids to read. Hey 35 is a great age, I am only one year older and I can tell you 36 doesn't feel to old either. I thought it would just like you, but I think I am growing into my age, and it seems to bother me less. Now wait till 40 comes along, I might have a hard time swallowing that birthday. lol
Post a Comment