5.11.2009

Mothers Day and the Big 20-10

First I wanted to share the mothers day card Curtis wrote for me...
"Mom, I love you!
On Mother's Day, I'll say 'Mom, remember, God made you special and he loves you very much!Today, I'm going to love you very much!'
Hey, I love you a lot, Mom!
Each day, I'll love you all day and night long, Mom!
Remember, God made you special, and He loves you very much!"
I loved it...isn't Curtis great? :)
Now the second matter of business....I turn 30 today. I don't feel old -even though certain sisters of mine insist that I am...you know who you are :) Lately I have been feeling like someone has pushed "pause" on my life- maybe I will feel old in November ;) and that I need to be working more on me - giving me more credit for who I am & not being such a perfectionist about who I need to be. So in lieu of sounding completely full of myself :) I decided I will try and think of 30 things I like about myself or things that I have accomplished that I am proud of. (not in any particular order)
Here it goes...
1. I am a good mom
2. I am a good wife (most of the time) :)
3. I am a great cook
4. I am a good "interior designer"
5. I am artistic
6. I am creative
7. I can make something out of almost nothing
8. I make my own patterns for things (not clothes)
9. I am good at "re-purposing" things
10. I am thrifty
11. I can plan a good party
12. I am super organized (and I love it)
13. I am really good at my calling
14. I play the piano well (when no one is singing)
15. I am a good homemaker
16. I have good handwriting :)
17. I am kind
18. I am a good listener
19. I am okay at teaching (which is an accomplishment for me)
20. I am punctual
21. The "Anna Stamp of Approval" (inside joke...:)...Ask me and I will fill you in)
22. I hung trim in my kitchen...alone
23. I painted my entire kitchen and all the cabinets-in one week
24. I am still functioning after being a "recession widow" since January
25. I have instilled art in my kids
26. I have good kids (most of the time)
27. I know random "Friends" trivia
28. I read a lot
29. I fold laundry beautifully :)
30. I can cut in trim (painting) without taping
That wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be...now I just need to remember it.
Turning 30 isn't so bad :)

5 comments:

Heather said...

Well Anna happy birthday. (I couldn't remember if your b-day is the 10th or the 11th) I always forget. I have your b-day present in the mail. And One more thing to add to your list. I remember a time when mom was working and I had a field trip and you made my lunch for me (really early in the morning at like 4:00) and decorated my lunch sack for me. I have always remembered that. Then you droped me off at school for the field trip. I would say that you can add you are a great big sister.

KayC. said...

Love Curtis' little note to you for Mother's day! And I agree with him whole heartily! I love all your thirty things about you too, they are all you and you should be happy with who you are because you are terrific. And just one ?, which one or is it all of your sisters that are saying that you're old now? I want to know so I can give them a talking to! :-D

The Butler Family said...

Happy Birthday Anna, don't worry I don't think that you are old. I know I am only 5 years younger, but I still feel like a kid, and so should you. Well we love you, see you soon. Sheri

Kara and Theo said...

Happy Birthday! Great list! I too feel like there has been a 'pause' button pushed. Except my kids keep getting older and I wish I could hit the pause button on them. I hope you had a great day!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday! I just turned 31 in January myself, I felt the same way when I turned thirty. Where did all the time go. I really didn't feel old enough to be 30, I'm slowly getting use to it, a year later. I like how you mention 30 things about yourself, that was a nice idea.