9.13.2011

1st day of School {august 24, 2011}

The kids were so excited for the new school year(and so was I...I needed a nap) :)

We had an extra special (and yummy) breakfast of individual apple puff pancakes, sausages & strawberry yogurt with sliced bananas... 


Then we headed out the door with plenty of time to take pictures (and more time than we thought when the bus came 15 minutes later than scheduled) and the school year was off to a good start...well, until hurricane Irene hit after the 2nd day & school was cancelled for the next 3 school days.  So it was an odd start to school, but now we are back to normal. Curtis is back in band playing the percussion & Hailey starts the violin today.  Owen has informed me that he wants to play the electric guitar, tuba, and drums...we'll see ;)
I can't believe how much they are growing up..a 5th grader (wow!), 3rd grader & 1st grader...it's crazy & time needs to slow itself down, just a bit...




1 comment:

The Butler Family said...

I love pictures! I teared up they are growing way to fast. Hope all is well we love you guys!