4.12.2011

Pinewood Derby March 15, 2011

Curtis loves the Pinewood Derby...thankfully this year we remembered it was coming up & his car was completed more than an hour before the race :). He had fun designing his car & put a lot of detail into it...flames, a number and windshield...and a different color interior...I think he used as many colors as he could :).  Although the races didn't go as well this year as last (his tire had a problem, was wobbling & slowed him down) Curtis was a great sport & had so much fun...Plus this year they needed to decorate a cake & his was the first one gone :) We all had a great time. 

*Painting his car*

*Decorating his fish cake with icing, chocolate sprinkles & Swedish fish*

*The finished product...I love his face in the first picture :)*

 *Owen and Hailey enjoying some popcorn*

* The lineup...Curtis is right in the middle*

*Waving the checkered flag...I wish it was easier to get good pictures...those little cars are fast :)*

*Accepting the award for "Most Detailed"*

 *Curtis, his car, ribbon and trophy (which was filled with chocolate)*

3 comments:

The Butler Family said...

I love the fish cake it so cute. Great job Curtis. I am sure that he had a fun time. Lots of love. Sheri Tell everybody hi for us and give them loves.

KayC. said...

Great job Curtis! I love your car and cake. It looks like you and your family had so much fun. hugs and kisses to all! -Shorty

Brian and Erika Hogge said...

Nice goin' buddy! The car looks GREAT!!! :)