9.03.2010

i HEART vintage

 I love, love, love old stuff...mid-century vintage anything...the furniture, the fabric, anything from around that time period. I love how much character it has, and how much history it carries.

We have had some good luck lately (at least finding things I love)...I wish that the luck translated into a vintage-modern chair for my living room...but that's okay :)

 find #1...$40
the Hutch..I'm sure you've already heard about it...here it is-->

it needs to be refinished...I just haven't decided how yet.  I love my vintage Fiestaware in it...finally some color & decoration for the dining room...

find #2...$1
this funky (kinda ugly at first) faux bois plastic mirror :)

Before:

 
 & After.....
it's amazing what a little spray paint can do :)

 find #3....$10
A set of 2 end tables & a coffee table...that's right $10 (and they are very sturdy & heavy)

Now these need some major refinishing...the coffee table is too low, so it will become a ottoman...as soon as I find fabric I love.  The end tables are hanging out in my bedroom as bedside tables for now, but when (and if) I get the new couch I want, they will move downstairs to the living room...they really need to be painted...but they will look great when I'm done with them ;)


1 comment:

Kara and Theo said...

I love what you did with the mirror! Looks great with that color wall and the white candles. I like the hutch to, the plate ware really does compliment it.