The kids started school yesterday--and had a GREAT first day. We started the morning out with our special back-to-school breakfast (you can see more about the decorations on my other blog)...chocolate chip pancakes--yum (and something I knew they would eat no matter how jittery their tummies were---although last year they didn't) & we were done early getting ready (or so we thought...here was our only hiccup) and headed out side to take pictures, realized faces need to be washed, and only got a picture of Owen when we hear the "bus beeping" (the backing up noise)...the bus was early, so we ran, and thankfully it waited. Poor Owen with his backpack & lunch box, trying to run, kept stopping & once declared that he needed "someone really strong and fast" to pick him up and run with him. I offered to carry his backpack...but he wasn't having that.
My day was spent in the quiet, feeling weird, not knowing what to do with myself....I'm sure I'll get over that (in fact I fell asleep on the couch this morning....I say there is nothing wrong with catching up on about 10 years of missed sleep) :)



*I love this one of Owen*



1 comment:
I hate to say it but I loved when you all went to school...peace and quiet. Two of my favorite words back then.
Post a Comment