1.02.2010

Looking Back...and Goals for the new Year

Last year was a learning experience...to say the least. Even though it was super hard, and at points I was sure I couldn't do any of it anymore...I learned a lot about myself. For example...

I like my husband (even if he annoys me sometimes) :) and he is a huge help with the kids...I really already knew that, just needed a little reminder (to bad it turned out to be a giant reminder)...

I can be independent...I really don't like to do things alone...especially driving...I learned that I can drive through DC traffic-and not be killed (or kill anyone else for that matter)- and then later this year drove to Richmond, VA...all by myself (a HUGE accomplishment...for me).

But also that I should never forget something on my grocery list (and have to go back and get it with all 3 kids)...that no one ever should have to take 3 kids to a single doctor appointment...that I will probably never really be able to sleep by myself at night (I get freaked out too easy)...and that my kids can be big helpers. And that 30 doesn't feel all that old...we will see how 31 feels.

That I can hang trim and be handy...I can fix things...I can pack a household up completely by myself...I can leave one house I loved and then make another feel like home (and it can be beautiful too). I can move across the country and still be okay.

That no one should ever go 2 years without seeing their family if they can help it (missions excluded...of course). I miss mine more than I can say...I can't wait until summer time (and pray that things work out this year).

And probably most importantly...that my Heavenly Father loves me so much and is always watching out for me...that even if I lack faith (which is often) or if I am not perfect at everything...its okay, He will help me and lift me up & give me the strength that I need to keep going. I know that because of Him things worked out, when I couldn't see a way they possibly could (and that Heavenly Father will send us where we need to be...I never in a million years thought that I would end up in Maryland, but it has been a HUGE blessing to us in so many ways).

So on to this year...I'm not great at keeping resolutions...so these are on the easy side...

1. Become more of a morning person (I really am not...once I get up I am good, it's just the getting out of bed that stinks). I really want mornings to go more smoothly...more calm.

2. Be more organized (I know what you are all thinking). I haven't really got back to normal since Elias moved down here last year...I want to get back on a good schedule...and organize my office area.

3. Eat a more balanced diet...its really not that bad now...I just want to be healthier. We already eat mostly from scratch...I love to cook and bake...I am a foodie...and nothing is going to change that-so no diets for me.

4. Be more consistent about FHE, Family Prayer & Scripture Study...there needs to be less nights were FHE turns into "lets clean the toy room together"...although that could be considered a lesson :)

5. Get over my lack of self confidence crap...I am really tired of not believing in myself...just having a little of a hard time moving past it...I'm already working on it...taking baby steps...doing things I thought I would never do.

Happy New Year Everyone!

2 comments:

KayC. said...

I can't really write what i want to say, so I'll be calling you here shortly. love you!

Kristy said...

Anna thanks for sharing that I can so relate to much of what you said, makes me feel like I am not the only one feeling that way about things, the whole living so far from family and wanting to be more consistant with FHE and especially the taking Three kids to the doctors or the Grocery store for that matter. Two was ok but three I always think twice before I leave the house. oh and if I forget something at the store, I may or may not go back to get it. I know we don't know each other very well, but I feel like I do at least a little bit, we have such similar life experience we are going threw right now. It comforting to know I am not the only one struggling with certin areas in my life