1.12.2010

Another Goal...

As I was looking through my cookbooks (I have a lot of them) I decided it was time for me to learn how to cook fish...actually I have been thinking about this since I moved here...I do live in a place surrounded by salt water...I need to take advantage of that.

Fish has always been a "fear" of mine...it's not my favorite thing in the world...but I think that stems from my dislike of picking bones out of trout as a child (sorry mom) and the stench from the fish counters in Meijer...here they smell like nothing. I eat some forms of fish...like a fish sandwich...if that can really be classified as form of fish...and I do like crab and shrimp.

So to go along with my more balanced eating goal...I will learn to cook seafood-including clams...the only one I have ever tried I was...I don't know...like 7 or 8...or younger and have based my entire like or dislike of them from that point. I figure it has a lot to do with the recipe...and I can cook-so I should be able to handle this...right?

So I am starting with something easy (it should be fool-proof)...and something wrapped in probably the best thing on earth to eat (or at least I think so)... Prosciutto-Wrapped Cod With Lemony Spinach...I'm trying it this weekend...I will let you know how it goes. Wish me luck...

3 comments:

Janee said...

You have no idea how jealous I am of you that you live in an area with AMAZING seafood. Holy cow, just wait until the blue crabs are in season. They are to die for. Yummmmmmmm

Kara and Theo said...

I tell you a no-brainer that is DEE-lish! I make these awesome fish tacos. You just get something easy, like Tilapia, rub it with Olive oil, chopped garlic and chopped cilantro. Bake about 20 min. Then I put it on flour tortillas with homemade salsa, cheese and sour cream and squeeze it with a little lemon juice if I have one. SOOOOO GOOOOOD! Good luck with your fish adventures! Being married to Theo makes it mandatory that we eat fish, and I tell you it opened a whole new culinary world of yumminess!

Anna said...

Thanks Kara! I will have to try that one :)