Weekend With Elias...Moving Sale Mess....An End In Sight
Elias was home for 3 1/2 days...an eternity (so it seems compared to the last time he was in town for 1 1/2, and we had strep throat). We had a really great time. We picked him up early Saturday (7:30 am) ate breakfast and stopped at Ikea. Then headed home, we just hung out and got some stuff done around the house. Owen, once again, misses his daddy sooooo much. He professed his love with a matter of fact "I love you dad." or "I love you dad, so much." at least every ten minutes for the whole weekend (we were going to keep a count, but lost track). The kids and I were so happy to have him home, It was so nice to feel normal again (and to sleep good because I wasn't freaked out about every little noise) It has been so long since we have been a normal family...(i.e. February sickness while visiting, April...vacation in D.C. and all the time in between). Monday we went on a triple date with Manny & Charity and Ernie & Kristy (Elias' brothers). We went out to dinner (where we ordered way to much food) and played glo-golf...we had a lot of fun, and laughed so much. Elias had to buy desert for everyone because our team lost (and not because of me) :) Elias arrived home safe yesterday, after his plane being delayed many hours (he sat on the plane 3 hours, then they let them off to wait some more) there were huge storms in Pennsylvania/DC area.
The Moving Sale Mess...I can't wait to have this out of my house, mind you this picture is of only a portion of what I am sorting through, thankfully the sale is on Friday and Saturday, so it will be out of my house very soon. MONICA, AUSTIN, & HEATHER....I have clothes for your kids, not as many as I would have if I was driving out there, but I am willing to mail you some, just let me know what sizes and/or types of clothes that you need, I will mail them before I go. Or I can just mail some random stuff to Mom & Dad's if everyone is going to be there, and you can all fight it out there :) JENNA... I have some Christmas penguins for you, KYLE, I will mail your comedy DVD to Dad & Mom's-I want it back though!!! Make sure someone takes video of your routine this summer, I am so sad I am going to miss it...:(
And last, and most importantly...the end is in sight...I CAN'T WAIT. As soon as we can find a house to rent, we will be moving to Maryland. Hopefully very soon. Packing is underway (I actually like to pack, it involves organizing everything) :) To all of you we are leaving here, we will miss you all, but I can't wait to be out of here and have my family together again. Pray for us that everything will go smoothly. We have to move ourselves, and this is a big step and super scary, but we really feel it is the right thing to do...so wish us luck.
2 comments:
Hey, are you leaving earlier than what you had planned? Are you leaving as soon as you find someplace to live there? I forgot to ask these so important questions!!! And things will be okay, just breathe every now and then!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox to all.
Tis the season for change. I hope you really like Maryland. That's one of those places I would really like to see. Good luck with the move and the house hunting!
Post a Comment