5.17.2009
Anna's 30th Birthday Party
I still can't figure out how to write on a post with a slide show-sorry. So see the slide show below :)...Anyways, my party was last night and it was a lot of fun. We had some really good food- portobello & pesto calzones; "finger sandwiches" with Dijon, green apples, Gouda, watercress & prosciutto; balsamic chicken salad; antipasto skewers with basil, roasted red peppers, sun dried tomatoes & Italian sausage; and a cheese tray with baked ricotta, fontina, and marinated mozzarella. It was all really yummy (if I say so myself) :). We also had make-your-own Italian cream sodas. It was all topped of with my 10-layer cake (supposed to be 13, but I ran out of batter) It was so good (and pretty to look at). I will have more details and recipes on my other blog. ( http://anticipationcardsandparties.blogspot.com/)
Kristy and Charity were in charge of the "entertainment" and they planned two games. First we played the game where you guess who is on your back (I have no idea what this game is called) with all my favorite people. I was Blake Lewis (American Idol); Julie was Peter Facinelli (Twilight); Jen was Jeffery Dean Morgan (Grey's Anatomy); Charity was Rob Pattinson (Twilight); and Ruth was Matthew MacFayden (the new Pride & Prejudice). Then we played a "grown up" version of pin the tail on the donkey-- we planted kisses on Edward :). We had a really good time.
My sister Monica (with a little help from the rest of my family) made me a book on shutterfly titled "Anna Rivers, This is Your Life" it is great- there were some pictures I didn't remember being in-we had a good laugh at a lot of them. I love it, thank you so much Monica :) And another thank you for my other present from my brothers and sisters (you know what it is) thank you soo much (I will post with details soon) My friend Erika wasn't able to come but she brought by a present for me- a super cute shirt and dangley earrings--Thanks again Erika!
At the end of the night Charity "challenged" me to make a leftover swan out of tin foil (we were just joking around-but I thought I would try) It was hilarious-and I did a good job. :)
I had a really great time (and think that everyone else did too). I really love to plan a party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Anna I wish I was there for the food. I can't wait for you to come and visit and to make a bunch of yummy food.
I am so bummed that I missed it. It looks like such a fun party. I am glad you had such a great time!
The food looks so yummy!!! I also, can't wait to get you out here to cook! It does look like you all had lots of fun. On the one game I thought that there would be more Jane Austin characters(sp?) Love the side show pictures...
i am glad you had fun! and your hair looks great! i cant wait to try out that cake for my birthday too! love ya
Post a Comment