
Here are a couple photos, sorry I couldn't add all 250+ pictures I took. :) We all had a great time, driving down there was a lot less scary than I what was prepared for, and the kids weren't too bad, just really hungry-they ate the whole way there it seemed :)... plus I survived driving through D.C. traffic (twice). The first day we took the metro (which the kids thought was so cool) to the National Zoo and saw the monuments...it was A LOT of walking, but I think it was worth it. The zoo was great, It was bigger then I thought it would be...although lunch there was sooo expensive-it made up for the zoo being free. The kids all say that the zoo was their favorite part, we spent most of the day there. Then on to the monuments. To see them in person is completely different, I was in awe.
On day two, it was rainy in the morning, so it was museum day. We (the girls) went to the National Art Gallery and were in awe of all the Rembrandt's, Monet's, Van Gogh's etc... (especially Jenna...she is an art major), the boys went to the Air and Space Museum. Then onto the Museum of Natural History...which was great, we would have moved a little faster if we knew it was closing early, at 5:30, so we missed some stuff (the guard said she didn't even know it was closing early 10 minutes before it did), it was sad. So we went back to the Air and Space Museum..which is really cool and has a lot of hands on things for the kids. We were all exhausted but had a really good time.
Part two of our trip...Maryland...in the next post.



















1 comment:
I love the pictures so far...wish that I could have gone. I would have loved to see all that "National Treasure" stuff :D
I'm glad everyone had fun, I know Jennifer did! Love to all xoxoxoxox
Hailey...Papa and I went to the temple when we were waiting to pick up Aunt Jenna. And what did I see planted in the temple flower beds? Your flowers that are on your wall...I wish I had my camera too take a picture. They look just like your flowers your mommy painted both are beautiful! love you and your brothers! -Shorty
Post a Comment