No, its not what you think. :) I love to cook, my kids do not love to eat. It drives me crazy.

Last night I made a really yummy dinner of roasted chicken with red peppers and garlic, over couscous. It was good, I will make it again. Here is what my kids thought...
Curtis- mind you in this picture he only took the tinniest bite of plain couscous (which tastes like nothing). He had to take more bites before he could have some more cereal, and ended up painfully eating one tiny piece of chicken.

Hailey- She said she liked it, and actually ate most of it, she loves couscous. She didn't love the red peppers, and gave up eating it and opted for a bowl of cereal too.
Owen- I don't have a picture of him, because he wouldn't even taste it. He insisted that he was not hungry, then promptly ate a bowl of dinosaur eggs oatmeal. I was too tired to fight it. :) If he would have tasted it he would have eaten it, he is the best of my eaters.
Now, I might start to believe that I am just not a good cook, but I have proof otherwise, and it is what I love to do. Plus I don't really want to take the word of someone who's favorite food is nuggets. So any suggestions out there...how do I get them to eat anything? And...anyone out there want me to cook for them, I am dying to cook for an adult. Maybe after vacation I will have a "dinner party". :) But for now I guess I just get to hope that someday my kids with think something is tastier than ketchup.
(Mom I know what you are going to say, yeah I know, it serves me right.....sorry)
2 comments:
Anna, what would I say? What? Serves you right...I don't know, maybe. But remember that I am not a good cook and you are way better than that! I'd eat your cooking any time! Curtis you should try it before you think it won't taste good. You need to try what your Mom cooks for you because she is the best cook and she is preparing you to go on your mission. I know it is a long time before you go but now is the time to prepare, this means not only learning about Heavenly Father and Jesus by going to church, reading the scriptures and saying your prayers but to learn to eat what is prepare for you at meal times. On your mission you may have to eat things like what your Grandpa did.(Anna you can tell him what Shunka Wahumpie is!) Then you will be grateful for your Mom's cooking! I love you and you tell your sister and brother that I love them too.
Something I heard once, and it worked with my Miriam, is that you should have them help you cook whatever it is you are making. Then they take pride in it and enjoy eating it. I don't know if you do that already or not, but I did it with Miriam one night and spinach. Tobie threw the 'I don't like it!' fit, Emma was too young to care so she ate it. But Miriam who can be just as picky as Tobie raved about it and we talked the whole meal about what she did to help prepare it.
Post a Comment