1.09.2009

A New Job... In Maryland

Well, Elias has accepted a new job in California, Maryland (about 1 1/2 hour trip south of D.C., right on the ocean). It is a 6 month contract with a chance of being hired on full time at the end. So far everything is going sooo.. smoothly, it's amazing. Elias will be going down by himself & coming back to visit every month, they bought him his first round trip ticket-business class :) and he will be back around Valentine's Day (maybe he will be able to come back more once everything settles down- air fair is cheap back and forth). At the end of the 6 months (or so) we will see what happens- if we move or not. I am just nervous about being a "single" mom. But we feel extremely blessed and that our prayers have been answered. I guess it give new meaning to the hymn "I'll go where you want me to go" :) So wish us luck- So far this year is looking up.

By the way, Elias flies out tomorrow at 1:35 and starts work Monday.

3 comments:

Kara and Theo said...

Do you mean north of D.C.? I had to keep reading that because I didn't know there was a California, Maryland and thought he was offered two jobs, one in Cali and one in Maryland. Good luck with single mom thing. 6 months is a long time, but it will go quickly. Congrats on the job and I hope everything works out great!

Anna said...

It is southeast-ish of D.C. It is a small town, the biggest town it is next to is Lexington Park.

Rylie said...

Good to hear about Elias job. I hope it works out well for you guys. Please let me know if you need any help while your husband is away.