7.16.2010

Catching Up....

When I was in first grade, my teacher would draw a ketchup bottle on the chalk board & it would be "ketchup day"....Today is my "ketchup day"...I need to do a lot catching up (we've been out west for almost 3 weeks, and I've posted nothing), so a lot of blog posts are coming...all at once...


....Change of Plans......

I can't for the life of me get a picture to load on blogger :( I don't know what's wrong...
 
So instead I will be posting some slide shows...here are something we have done:
 
1. Had a great family reunion with lots of family pictures (I'm kinda proud of the ones I took).  Had fun playing fugitive & going the parade & just hanging out.  The "Original Six" put on a great play 'The Common Misconceptions of The Big Bad Wolf' written by my little brother, Kyle...it was so much fun & had a super talent show.
 
2. The kids & I went fishing with Heather, Bryan and Ashlynn.  All the kids caught a fish (Uncle Bryan did not...as the kids like to tell everyone) :)

3. Just having fun on the farm...the kids LOVE to feed the chickens, dogs & puppies...They love exploring & sometimes like too help in Papa & Shortys enormous garden (they did have a great time picking & shelling peas.

4. Mom & I canned beets (a first for both of us)...I think they turned out good...we'll see :)

5. We went to see Toy Story 3 (the kids LOVED it), Eclipse (the grown-ups anyway), and How to Train Your Dragon.

6. We visited Thermopolis, WY...the Hot Springs (where Hailey proclaimed...'this is like science!!'), saw some buffalo (watched a not so smart bicycler walk up to a group of them....not a good idea), and the Wyoming Dinosaur Museum (which the kids loved)...and ate at the worst Subway ever...NEVER eat at the Subway in Thermopolis :) It was a fun day over all..

I'm sure there's more...I'll add them as I think of them :)

1 comment:

KayC. said...

It was a great summer and we did have some fun!!! I also agree with you about the subway in Thermopolis...nasty!!!!!!!!!