3.18.2010

Our New Desk

Our new desk that we got from the Habitat for Humanity Re-Store (I love that place) & for only $30...it's crazy heavy & super sturdy. I need to refinish it (eventually) but we are putting it to work right away. (by the way...it's not that yellowy in real life...it is the same color of our lovely wood paneled walls though....I have to figure out what to do about that :) I'm thinking it's from about the 60's-but maybe those of you who lived back then :) can tell me what you think...I love retro everything :)

I love that it has a double drawer for files (still has the hanging thing too) and the drawers have slots for dividers....an organizers dream come true...I'm in heaven :).
& the slide out things??? (what are they called?) for extra workspace on both sides.

What I might like the most is that it has this overhang on the back...PERFECT for the kids' computer & for doing homework...while I blog :)
I will post more pics when I get it all decorated up (Elias is complaining that I am making it "girly"...which by his definition is just me decorating it at all...if he had a choice it would just be a computer...but that's not going to happen :D)

1 comment:

KayC. said...

Great desk! I can see little stools where the kids can sit and use the computer. I wish they had some kind-any kind-of 2nd hand furniture store here, I miss "Greener Pastures",even what it is.