12.20.2009
Winter Wonderland
It snowed...and snowed and snowed...and no offence to the people of MD, but people FREAKED out....there was a mad rush for bread and milk ...and anything thing snow related-including windshield de-icer...I'm sorry but I am not used to it and I just think it is funny. Every thing was cancelled and closed on Saturday...with good reason- hardly any snow plows so main roads were lucky to get plowed(is that what all those "emergency snow route" signs are about?)...and the snow was wet and soft on the bottom layer, and powdery on top...Elias got stuck trying to get out of our driveway. Yesterday early afternoon I measured between 8 & 10 inches in our front yard...it continued to snow the rest of the day and through the night, so we got a good amount of snow (about a tenth of what we got in MI last year though) :). It finally feels like Christmas...it is amazing what a little snow can do...we sat around all day watching Christmas movies & made our gingerbread houses while listening to Christmas music. We had a really fun, relaxing day...and to top it off Church was cancelled (not that that is a good thing, it is just nice to sleep in once in a while), and school is cancelled...making our Christmas vacation a normal length :). See the slide show above for some pics...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment