So-I was sooooo annoyed by our nasty, smelly den carpet... So as I told Elias- I'm ripping it out. (He is so happy that he has a handy wife). So I started in the little back hallway and found the icky white and baby blue marbleized border stick on tiles from the bathroom (why anyone would continue the same tiles from the bathroom to the hallway- and only the hallway, is beyond me) anyways, I got all the horrid staples and tack strip up & started pulling up tiles- and there is wood floor!! It looks like it has been painted and there is one little board that is loose and needs to be fixed- but I am so happy- this is sooooo much more our style. It needs work-but is a cheap fix, I am either going to sand it a little and paint it, or strip it (I don't know if it is worthy of staining and poly.. but we might try). So I will keep you updated on my process- the den is next- and I can't wait- I love a good project!


No comments:
Post a Comment